Search This Blog

February 9, 2012

The Sunshine State


I recently spent a week in the Sunshine State of Florida for a work conference. For many it was a nice reprieve from the chill of winter... Being a SoCal native it was simply an East Coast version of California. However I did find that the mosquitos and gators, as well as driving away from the sunset while going toward the ocean all made the experience unique.

I hadn't expected to have any time at all to take photos due to the conference (nor anything to take pictures of for that matter) - However me and my coworkers ended up having some free time to explore... And I lamented the fact that I'd left my good camera at home. 

So armed with only my 4+ year old digicam and smart phone, I did the best I could to capture the beautiful scenery. And I realized just how important shutter speed truly is... I can't tell you how many picture opportunities I missed because of slow shutter speed and crazed auto-focus... But hopefully I'll take this as a lesson and lug my DSLR with me from now on! :)

Here are some decent pics I was able to capture while roaming around Florida - I can't get the layout to cooperate with me so I'll just tell you about them here. The beach is Cocoa Beach at sunset (very beautiful!), and the other 2 below are from the War Planes Museum near the Kennedy Space Center. The last one is the inside of a jet engine. 

Anyway, enjoy! ~ :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments :)